Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gathering the Magic

I've already said that I'll be talking about my job. I really like my job sometimes. But most of the time, I'll be writing about it because it somehow pissed me off. And I don't like that, and you won't like it if the only thing I write about is why someone pissed me off, and how. So, I want to talk about my hobbies.
I am a musician, I can play just about anything with strings, to varying degrees of skill. So, I plan on occasionally posting an awesome new band, album, instrument, whatever. But, my real hobby, and the keeper of my sanity, is Magic: The Gathering.
I talk about it a lot away from the game table, and hardly at all while playing. So I'm going to get most of that out here.
As many of you know, I am currently designing a set for Catherynne Valente, the author of The Orphans Tales, as well as novels like Palimpsest, a personal favorite. So one of the focuses I'm going to be putting into this is the current design trends, how it relates to what I'm doing, and how I can use this to further my set.
I also like to talk about current playsets. With Mirrodin Besieged now on the up and up, a whole slew of new expliots are available for crazy off the wall play ideas.

So drop in again soon, as my next post will be a MTG post concerning, wait for it, Planeswalker Artifacts! Thats right! Combo's with things like Liquimetal Coating, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Mycosynth Lattice, Smash, and March of Machines!

1 comment:

  1. I have to be sure and read some of those works before you start getting cards out. You know to really get the feel of what you are aiming for.

    ReplyDelete